Saturday, August 6, 2016

Peace ღ Love ღ Homeschool

We've begun our fourth year of homeschooling this week!
Another interesting factoid: I began my former career as a public school teacher 20 years ago this month. When I started teaching, fresh-faced, 23-year old me would never have imagined that I'd someday homeschool my own kids. I taught in one capacity or another for 13 years and loved it. Ummm, okay--I did not love the bureaucracy or the testing craze or the ever-increasing amount of redundant and mostly pointless paperwork. But I felt great joy in working with students and their families to (hopefully) assist those little ones in growing into the best versions of themselves.

I feel so amazingly privileged to have the opportunity to do the same with our own children. My heart is thankful every day for a spouse who doesn't mind being the "breadwinner" because we share the same priorities and vision for our kids: to help them grow into the most confident, most well-rounded, most centered and grounded, most amazing versions of themselves. We are so fortunate to have our family who support, encourage, and often partake in our learning, and to have a group of new, like-minded homeschooling friends with who we can share learning adventures. I look forward to where we are and where we'll go with an open and jubilant heart.
So, Homeschooling Year #4--Allons-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think we might be in The Upside-down...

It's feeling kind of like The Upside-down from Stranger Things lately, isn't it? • We're becoming a cold, dark, scary, intoler...