Friday, October 27, 2017

Who's Steering This Ship?

So, I haven't posted in a while. (Errmm... depending on your point of view, that could be a good thing or a bad thing.) It's mainly been about life steering me, rather than me steering it. You know, when life just keeps you busy and you feel like that lyric in John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy":

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."

I hate that feeling of being steered, rather than me doing the steering. (Umm...control freak?) 
I suspect that it's a feeling at least some others also share. It's part of the nature of living in this "modern" world, having a family, making ends meet, and choosing to homeschool. It's also part of living in a nation being "led" by people with little to no moral fiber. Zilch in the heart department. I literally had about 20 minutes last night where I could not stop my racing mind from scrolling through all that's going on and all that I have to do. We all have so much going on, so much that we care about, and--if you're at all like us--so much that we're worried about on a daily basis, and have been for the last 9+ months. It's an ever-increasing sinking feeling and persistent worry of what kind of world are our children going to have to survive in? Ugh. I've had to take a facebook hiatus because I...I just can't process all the daily unnerving news stories, the endless debates between Trumpers and, you know, rational people; and those folks who insist on posting every single random thought they have about everything from their nightly dinner plate to their annoyance at "political posts". 
I just can't be out there on the face-space right now and be a fairly happy person. 

Instead, I'm choosing to focus (mainly) on stuff that does help me feel happy: my wonderful family, Halloween, the chilly air that's finally arrived to our area, making "mummy dogs" with our kids, snuggling and watching the Halloween Baking Championship, making my hubby's favorite chili, having family over for a football game and chili and game-playing. 
Focus on the good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I think we might be in The Upside-down...

It's feeling kind of like The Upside-down from Stranger Things lately, isn't it? • We're becoming a cold, dark, scary, intoler...